Sunday, February 10, 2013

Fur Baby Love

Meet Maggie.
She is one of  two Goldens we inherited with our new home 7 years ago.
Maggie is blind and we know her days are numbered but she's still one of the smartest dogs I have ever seen.
Maggie and her sister Jessie have lived here their whole lives and their former owners just couldn't take them when they sold so we adopted them.
Best decision ever.
I thought I could use this little box to keep some of my favourite pictures of them. 

I painted the box and chose some paper to cover the top.My favourite part are the flowers.
I made these flowers from May Arts ribbon I won.
You could use any ribbon or material that is nylon.
First cut three or four circles the same size and two smaller ones.
Cut slits in them and using your pliers,hold the edges in the heat from the flame.
You will soon see the ribbon melt and curl.
Keep doing this until you get the results you like.
Layer each of the petals together and adhere a pretty brad through the middle.
I think this is my new favourite flower.







CC Products:Time for Spring Paper paper
TH Distress Inks
American Crafts-Mini Marks Rub Ons
American Crafts- Elements pearl Brads
MM Wedding brad and pin
Jillibean Soup -Bean Stalks Twine-gray/lt pink
Liquid Pearls
Non CC -Pins
Box
May Arts Ribbon


1 comment:

  1. Precious & beautiful. ... so glad Julies Hop brought me to your page. I'm a Golden Mom .. what an honor it is.

    ReplyDelete