Thursday, February 28, 2013

Julie's Blogoversary blog hop!!

Welcome!!
and Congratulations Julie on your Blogoversary!!!

If you just popped in to see what I've been up too be sure to head back to the start and hop along with us.
There will be blog candy along the way and some really great projects too.
Julie wanted us to celebrate friendship.
I know I have made some really great friendships here online and chances are I won't ever get to meet these new found sisters but we can have lots of fun together regardless.

I chose to make a couple cards to share with you.



On the left I used some scrap paper,inked it up and spread rock candy along the edges.I then used my sewing machine to stitch on a heart over some burlap.Quick and easy.

The flower on the right card is made from layers of tissue paper,I really like it ,looks better IRL.
I was going to send one of these to a friend I have been missing lately but we just started to reconnect again!I am so happy!Friends are the best!!

Even my daughter was in the friendship mood the other day when they had another snowday.
Her and her BF wanted to make some cupcakes.




They did a great job but I wouldn't plan on eating one though...I caught them licking each of them....girls just protecting their stuff from brothers I guess.

Well I hope you have fun hopping with us as we celebrate friendship.


Julie Odil http://muddypawsinkyfingers.blogspot.com 
Rebecca Daniels www.bloomingpink.blogspot.com 
Polly Zastawnik www.pazasproductions.blogspot.com 
Mary Shriver www.mkbugs.blogspot.com
Angel http://scrappyscrappy.blogspot.com 
Miwa Lee (Chocolatier Miwa) http://miwannascrap.blogspot.com
Brenda (centralnyscrapper) http://centralnyscrapper.blogspot.com
Gwen Teerink http://windchimesandlilacs.blogspot.com 
Maria Levine http://riacreations.blogspot.com 
Christina McAdams http://thriftysisters-chris.blogspot.com <--you are here
Paula McClane-http://scrapaddictsattic.blogspot.com/2013/03/celebrate-friendship.html
Lucy Evans http://littlescrapsoflucy.blogspot.com 
Karen Nofziger http://karey2005.blogspot.com
Corrie Wagner http://corriescrafts.blogspot.com 
Kary Lim http://karyg.blogspot.com 
Erin (CelticCrafter) & Ruth http://celticcrafters.blogspot.com/
 Laura Sanchez http://lauraannsbreakfastpizza.blogspot.com/
Theresa Krout http://inkyfingers1.blogspot.com/




37 comments:

  1. Oh these are lovely! I love the textures you have on your cards. And those cuppie cakes are pretty too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great projects, Chris! I love the burlap on both those cards. Good thing you warned me about those cupcakes, 'cause I would have eaten them, for sure! Thank you for being one of my online friends that mean so much to me, and I'm so happy you joined in this hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris, I love your work - ALL of it! Such a talented lady. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, those cards are beautiful! I love your style, Chris! The cupcakes look gorgeous - but how funny they were licked!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CHRIS!!! I LOVE your hand cut hearts!!! and of course your style is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the stitched Heart with the burlap string. Both cards are great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Luv the burlap,sewn heart, tissue papaer flower...ow darn just luv your style!

    ReplyDelete
  8. first, I am so lol about don't eat the cupcakes!! my dd licks each chocolate chip before she puts them in the cookie batter (but dont tell anyone - we are the only ones who them anyway!)- but your comment was so funny!! I love love your cards and the flower is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My kids would do the same thing to protect their creations! They look too cute though

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lol!! Too funny about the cupcakes! But boys probably won't care, and eat them anyways!!
    Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that heart over the burlap and I have wanted to try making the tissue flowers. I used to make tissue paper flowers when I was young. I also remember making them out of Kleenex for some Girl Scout ceremony. I have enjoyed making friends with you over at CC :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chris, I love the heart and burlap, it turned out beautifully. I also like the tissue paper flower, beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, Chris - those are stunning! Wow, wow, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the textures and the layers! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love, love, love your cards. I need to branch out and try some new things like this. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your cards! And the cupcakes look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Chris! So glad to meet you :) Your cards are Gorgeous!! Love your style. Look forward to see more of your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You've got two of my favorite things to put on cards, sewing and burlap 1 Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great cards. Live the simplicity of the first and the delicateness of the second. It was a good thing you saw them lick the cupcakes before you tried to eat them!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very very nice cards. Like how you used scraps and a variety of techniques. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful cards love the heart one! Great way to use scraps! Had to chuckle about the cupcakes! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  22. So glad I found your blog through Julie's fun hop! Love the recycle projects!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your cards!

    I laughed out loud when I read that your daughter's licked their cupcakes to keep others from eating them!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love those cards, the cupcakes story cracks me up. I don't serve my daughters baking to others because she licks her fingers too much lol

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the card on the left! The twine is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the cards!!! My son would have eaten the cupcakes anyway :) hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  27. GORGEOUS cards!!! WOW!!! Love them both!

    I am STILL giggling over the cupcake story! It reminds me of my doing the same thing to my box of valentine chocolates. My sister used to eat all of the good ones in mine while I wasn't around so I finally got smart and licked them all. Thank you for the memories and the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I LOVE your cards (as usual), Chris!!!! That flower looks great in the photo, and I really need to get some of that rock candy! I love that your daughter and her BF were in the spirit, too!! (BTW, I so used to do stuff like that so my brothers wouldn't touch my yummies! Hehehe) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very fun. I like the use of burlap here. Not my favorite embellishment most of the time but it goes real nice with the more rustic heart.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Mmmmmm, pre-licked cupcakes....

    Great cards Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  31. It never fails. When I check out your blog projects I end up saying, Wow, to myself. Your style is so cool and something I really should remember to try and copy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love the heart/burlap card. I also got a great laugh thinking about the girls licking the cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great cards, Chris! Oh, and my sisters and I used to lick cupcakes before our baby brother could eat them. Too bad it usually didn't work! He was pretty gross, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great cards, love all of the textures and layers of elements. The cupcake story cracked me up. Nice work on those too! LOL Already a follower. not sure if I needed to tell you that. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love the use of burlap and tissue paper on your cards! Thanks for the inspiration! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  36. I am already a follower and love those cards....I am always so envious of those who can sew, not my thing, but I love the look....

    ReplyDelete