Tuesday, February 5, 2013

To purge or Not to Purge

Let's face it we all have too much stuff.The thought process as to why we need it differs from person to person of course,we all put value in different things.
Open any cupboard or drawer and you will see a  lot of junk that you just can't get rid of because you MIGHT need it.
The truth is you most likely don't need it,well at least not all of it.
How many elastic bands do you really need?
How many dead batteries can you fit into just one drawer anyway?

I have been following this other blog and we have a bunch of ladies that are taking the 


and also this facebook page

There are so many tips to help you oranize your stuff but really..how about just purging some of it?

I know for me I bounce stuff around thinking I will find a spot for it later..as long as THIS spot is neat and tidy.
Well I don't have a huge house so it bounces around a lot.

I'm not sure why I feel like I need to keep everything maybe because growing up my mom didn't keep anything.
The funny thing is,the older I get the more I realize,I don't need this stuff cluttering up my house.

Last summer friends of ours had a house fire.It destroyed their basement and everything else in it.The fire didn't reach the upper floors but the smoke did.The whole place is a write off.I always thought that would be great!
You would be able to purge all that stuff you have been saving and not feel guilty about it.Then go shopping for new stuff!!
The reality is,it would really suck.
Along with the stuff I hate but keep due to guilt..I would lose some treasured mementos.

SO..I have decided to live my life guilt free.If I don't love it..it goes.Now mind ya I do have some things that have been handed down to the kids from various grandparents and in just a few short years..it will be their problem to deal with.
Until then I am boxing up all that stuff.purging the stuff I can and organizing things so my house functions correctly and in the case of fire..I will know what to grab first.

Scrappy stuff...jewelry...kids..
no wait kids first right...my bad..

.If I have the chance to get back into the house,I want to know exactly what I am going after so I need to be able to find it.quickly.

In the case of our friends,she had enough time to get the kids out before the smoke took over but that isn't always the case so I want to be prepared and I want to live a simple,clean life that doesn't overwhelm me every time I look at it.

On a side note..anyone want a huge collection of crystal?Cheap?
















 

1 comment:

  1. Great post! Puts stuff in perspective. Ha ha, I gave away my crystal too.

    ReplyDelete